Resource Generation organizes young people with financial wealth to leverage resources and privilege for social change.
Since 1998, Resource Generation (RG) has engaged over 1,800 young people with wealth across the U.S. Through community building, education and organizing, we help young people with wealth bring all they have and all they are to the social change movements and issues they care about. We organize to transform philanthropy, policy, and institutions and leverage our collective power to make lasting structural change.
Our programs include:
- Local Chapters anchor local RG communities across the country and host activities ranging from monthly meetings to workshops to donor circles. We have chapters in New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, Minneapolis, San Francisco/Oakland, and Los Angeles. For more info visit the local chapter page.
- Organizing young people of color with wealth to examine, build community, and take action from the intersection of economic and class privilege and racism.
- A commitment to racial justice woven throughout our programming and practices; centralizing the understanding that we cannot dismantle the class system without addressing historical and contemporary racism. Read more here on "Why Resource Generation is Committed to Racial Justice."
- Action Projects are local or national initiatives taken on by groups of Resource Generation members. Projects include donor circles and campaigns around fair taxation. Future projects will focus on giving, investing and advocacy.
- RG organizes member delegations to attend conferences and other events. RG delegations have participated in the U.S. Social Forum in 2008 and 2010, as well as several Council on Foundations conferences. Want to get involved? Read more on RG delegations!
I am RG
If you are interested in reading some member stories or seeing a short video of some of the work RG has done visit the I am RG page, where members share their RG experiences, and give examples of they have benefitted from their participation in RG.